How expanded College Football Playoffs would have

How expanded College Football Playoffs would have

seestyle
Should we go to eight teams?That's always the first question after the College Football Playoff rankings are released, and this year is no exception after the committee put Alabama in the No. 4 spot ahead of No. 5 Ohio State. This year, we have No. 2 Oklahoma vs. No. 3 Georgia in the Rose Bowl Game and No. 1 Clemson Nick Van Exel Jersey  vs. No. 4 Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.MORE: Now, we're questioning whether there should be more (or fewer) teams in than the current four-team format. Sporting News takes a closer look at what a two-, four-, Nick Young Jersey  six-, eight- and 16-team playoff would look.Check it out:Two teamsNo. 1 Clemson vs. No. 2 OklahomaLowdown: This would be the old BCS model, and in this season this matchup would be fit. You would get the defending national champion against the likely Heisman Trophy winner in Baker Mayfield.Four teamsNo. 1 Clemson vs. No. 4 AlabamaNo. 2 Oklahoma vs. No. 3 GeorgiaLowdown: This is the format we have now, and it's the format we must live with. Alabama gets in over two conference champions in Ohio State and USC. This is the first season that two teams from the same conference made it, and it's still the best format right Corey Brewer Jersey  now.Six teamsNo. 1 Clemson (bye)No. 2 Oklahoma (bye)No. 3 Georgia vs. No. 6 WisconsinNo. 4 Alabama vs. No. 5 Ohio StateLowdown: This format would work  unle s, of course, you're a Pac-12 fan. It still doesn't get all the Power 5 champions in, and there will be years when two, or maybe even three teams from one conference, can get in. The Big Ten vs. SEC matchups, however, would be off the charts.MORE: Eight teamsNo. 1 Clemson vs. No. 8 USCNo. 4 Alabama vs. No. 5 Ohio StateNo. 2 Oklahoma vs. No. 7 AuburnNo. 3 Georgia vs. No. 6 WisconsinLowdown: This still doesn't get UCF in, but if you want to sub the Knights in for Auburn or USC, we'd be down with that. Our biggest request for this format? Put the first-round on campus.16 teamsNo. 1 James Worthy Jersey  Clemson vs. No. 16 Michigan StateNo. 2 Oklahoma vs. No Vlade Divac Jersey . 15 TCUNo. 3 Georgia vs. No. 14 Notre DameNo. 4 Alabama vs. No. 13 StanfordNo. 5 Ohio State vs. No. 12 UCFNo. 6 Wisconsin vs. No. 11 WashingtonNo. 7 Auburn vs. No. 10 MiamiNo. 8 USC vs. No. 9 Penn StateLowdown: Too many teams, and too many games. It would be fun tosee how it plays out, but it would de-value the regular season too much. Also, note the rematch between No. 3 Georgia and No. 14 Notre Dame.